FL202112011072 - Controlled : Cert in Gainesville: 3/7/22-3/10/22
Virtual Kickoff Session
Virtual Check Point 1
Virtual Check Point 2
Virtual Check Point 3
In Person Day 1
In Person Day 2
Additional Local Fee NOTE: Any local fees must be paid directly to the local agency. Contact the course lead instructor for information on how to pay local fees. SAFE KIDS does not accept local fees.
You must be at least 18 years old at the time the course starts. The standardized child passenger safety technician (CPST) certification course is usually 3-4 days long and combines classroom instruction, hands-on work with car seats and vehicles, and a community safety seat checkup. Attendance is required for the entire course.
Gainesville Fire Rescue Fire Station 1
525 South Main Street
The course will take place March 7- 10th, 2022 from 8:30am to 5:00pm.
Did you know that the Florida Occupant Protection Resource Center will pay for your class?
1. Log in to Safe Kids account and verify your organization affiliation is the University of Florida OPRC
a. From the Safe Kids profile, Click Update Profile on the left side
b. Scroll down to the Affiliate Information section.
c. Enter “ORG601110” into the Lookup Affiliated-To-Org ID
d. If the info pop-up says “ORG601110 University of Florida OPRC” click on it!
e. Click Save button.
2. Complete all requirements for recertification
3. At payment screen choose, Pay by Purchase Order
4. Go to the OPRC website http://www.floridaoprc.ce.ufl.edu/oprc/default.asp
5. At the OPRC website, click on Scholarships then select Safe Kids Scholarship
6. Complete the form!
f. Choose Certification Course from the drop-down menu
g. Enter the course ID
h. Course date
7. An e-mail will be sent to the e-mail entered from Florida Occupant Protection Resource Center (OPRC) firstname.lastname@example.org with information about the P.O. # (This could take a few days so plan ahead!)
8. Once P.O. # is received, log on to Safe Kids account and enter it into the system*
You will be put on the waiting list for course ID FL202112011072. Once a seat becomes available, the lead instructor will have the option to allow you to register for this course. Instructor approval is required for all controlled courses.
There are 0 people on the waiting list.
Important: To pass the course, technician candidates must participate
in a community check up event with families and children.
If there is any reason you are unable to meet this requirement,
legal or otherwise, do not continue with the registration process.
You are ineligible to become a certified passenger safety technician.